Build your career at the Annapolis Valley’s newest culinary destination!
You love food and helping create new concepts and cooking new dishes is what drives you. For you, being part of what creates a great guest experience through food is a role you love. You also are willing to supervise all phases of ordering, receiving, and storing as well as culinary duties.
In the role of Sous Chef / First Cook, you will be a key member of a passionate and forward-thinking team.
- Act as lead cook for our bistro, preparing meals to order in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work area at all times using proper food handling and storage procedures.
- In conjunction with the Chef, review menu cycles and check supplies needed for all meals and special events.
- Uphold high quality menu options that meet and exceed expectations.
- Practice hygienic food-handling, preparation and serving techniques.
- Ensure that all prep work and products are lined up for upcoming production.
- Complete food tracking worksheets when necessary.
- Act as a Sous Chef on various shifts and work with the Chef in menu seasonal menu creation and supervising, receiving all goods and their proper storage.
- Organize coolers daily ensuring all items are wrapped, labeled and dated.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detailed working knowledge of food service equipment.
- At least three years’ experience in a dining setting.
- Competitive wages + tips
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Flexible Shifts
Send in your resume for an immediate interview.
Job Category: First cook Sous Chef
Job Type: Full Time